Friday, September 26, 2014

Eat. @ Operator 25

25 Wills Street, Melbourne CBD ph (03) 9670 3278


"Operator Operator, can you hear me?"  I thought of this phrase as Bubs and I stopped for Friday brunchies in this CBD cafe.  This will make me sound extremely old but in this world of internet and info at our fingertips I'm actually going to have to explain what an Operator is to him!


This was a good stopover for us on our way to Docklands, as it's not a part of the CBD that I frequent.  Although since we brunched here I've been thinking about coming back!


I started with a mocha as usual ($4).  A lovely mellow mocha.  Perfect coffee art.  I took a lot of shots of it in the Spring sunlight. 



I ordered the House Benedict, with  potato rosti, grandmother ham, poached eggs and chives hollandaise ($15).  I really like this version with the crispy rosti instead of the traditional muffins.  


The poached eggs were done well.  Bubs loved this so much he ate most of it, to the point I was still hungry after we finished.


I must admit I'm glad he ate most of my breakfast since I ended up ordering the Vanilla Custard Sago, with rhubarb compote, raspberry foam and rose meringue ($9).  This was an awesome dessert-as-breakfast.  It was light, it was sweet, and it was delicious.


I really enjoyed our visit to Operator 25 and we will definitely be back!

Operator25 on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment